Friday, December 31, 2010

You Live I Got Soul: YouKnowIGotSoul Interview With Kandi

Kandi: When I went to the studio with Ne-Yo, he has his own production team. He and I had collaborated on one song, and so we were alleged to simply keep doing records and keep coming up with different ideas. So when he was performing the tracks, at first they were just playing me real r&b, what they considered to be something for me. So I was like "Look, play me all kinds of tracks, play me something that you would guess is out of the box that you wouldn`t expect me to do.

So he started playing these early tracks that were more hip hop driven, and the one with Outkast came on and immediately I was like "I gotta get this track!" *Laughs* Obviously I`m born in raised in Atlanta, I`m an Outkast fan, we went to high school together and I love Outkast. So I thought that could be so hot, and at that period I wanted him to mainly write a record himself because why pay for a Ne-Yo record if I`m not going to let him do him? I only told him what I wanted, I wanted to flip that whole "Me and You" thing and he did it and it sounded hot. YKIGS: Yea I care what you did with that! You just released a picture for "How Could You_Feel My Pain." Is this loss to be released as a single? What do you have planned for that?Kandi: No, right now it`s not a single, we only did viral videos for "Haven`t Loved Right" and "How Could You_Feel My Pain." Basically we did that because sometimes a lot of people before you get an album, you`re kinda skeptical and don`t recognize what the album will be like. So we wanted to do marketing and put out a few visuals and let people hear songs before the album came out, and that`s what it was.YKIGS: Talk to me near your web show "Kandi Koated Nights" that you do on Ustream. What was your inspiration doing the evidence and how has the reception been?Kandi: *Laughs* Kandi Koated Nights was something that just kinda happened. In January of this class I was doing this "Fly Above" contest, I had put "Fly Above" out on iTunes and they had a ringtone available on most telephone companies. So I said I`m going to address people who send me their list and add "Fly Above" as their caller tone. So I was calling people go on Ustream and on Ustream sometimes you`re going to get crazy stuff on the chat box. So somebody kept putting nasty stuff on the chat box and I said "See here, whoever that is waiting until after midnight and we are going to do Kandi After Dark." So people started Tweeting like "I thinking you said we were passing to do Kandi After Dark?" So I said "Send me your best sex stories and we`re leaving to start reading them!" *Laughs* I did that, I started reading them and comparing some of my own stories and before you recognize it I had 80,000 people that went in and out of my chat room all night. It was just really crazy so the next day mass on the web were asking when we could do it again. So I said how near we do it every Wednesday and I only stayed consistent with it, it`s me and my friends, and we just talk openly about different relationships. I think it`s successful because everywhere I go people are like "I love Kandi Koated Nights!" How is it that so many people across the country know about the record? It`s just on the internet, it`s not care I do promo for it, and it`s just funny. Now that they showed it on The Real Housewives, it`s still more people that know about it.YKIGS: I`m actually a big fan and I admire a lot of the writing you`ve done over the age for a lot of artists and I recognise you`re a very accomplished writer. What`s your favourite song or the best song you felt you`ve ever written for another artist, if you could possibly answer that?Kandi: Oooh, that is a serious question! Well one of my favorite songs that I did for another artist, it wasn`t a big song, but I just really loved the song, me and this guy Pooh Bear collaborated on it. But it was this song called "Single for the Rest of My Living" by that group Isyss. I used to know that call because the concept of it was simply inspired by one of my past relationships, so I just really loved it. I detest that it wasn`t big like some of the early songs that I`ve written, but sometimes you just really like a call and it doesn`t get to be the biggest song, you only really wish it.YKIGS: I think that one, it was a cool song. A personal favourite of mine I only wanted to meet on was the song you did with Alicia Keys "Jane Doe." Tell me what you think about that one. Kandi: Ooohh well that was a large experience but I had no clue Alicia was passing to be as big of an artist as she is. My current manager, at the sentence he worked for Columbia Records and he was my publisher, he was the chairman of Columbia Records, Michael Mauldin. Anyway, he had worked with Alicia, so he thought it would be keen to take female producers and writers come together and do a show together. So I was like cool and I got in the studio with her and Krucial Keys and we only started coming up with ideas from scratch. I just started singing a call off of the top of my mind and she started playing around it. She tried to point me how to use the bone machine, I`ll never forget that *Laughs* it was so funny because I do not recognize how to plan a round or anything. So she would try to present me how to do that case of material and it was cool, it was a very fun session, and she`s only a serious person to be around in the studio.YKIGS: Tell me almost the tour you`re currently on with Eric Benet and Fantasia, how`s that going?Kandi: Oh I looooove, love, love being on tour with them! First of all, the show is hot from first to end! From start to end, and I`m not only saying that because I`m on the show, it`s been a big tour. Some of the dates El DeBarge has united us and that show is amazing, people are on their feet from the top to the end of the show. Fantasia, she`s like a babe to me, she`s like a little sister, and we look like a class on the road, so I simply have fun, I enjoy it.YKIGS: Yea I desire to see the point when you guys get to NY in a brace of weeks!Kandi: Oh yea, please come out!YKIGS: In respect to The Real Housewives of Atlanta, was it an easy decision for you to connect the form of that or did you get any reservations originally?Kandi: Well the affair is, I was alleged to be doing the present with Tiny and Toya first, so that`s what got me open minded to reality TV because at first, I wasn`t even thought about reality shows. The guy that was producing the point decided he simply wanted to do Tiny and Toya, and a week afterwards I launch out I wasn`t going to be doing the record with them, the masses from Housewives reached out to me and asked if they could play with me. So I was exactly like "Ok, whatever!" and I was thought in my mind why did they want me on that show, I`m not married or anything? *Laughs* But it ended up being a cool situation. Although I`m not going to lie to you, at first I didn`t know because I wish the show, in the beginning on the inaugural season I really loved it but I didn`t see myself being on the show. I believe the sole ground I agreed to do it was because I was already thought about doing something with Tiny, if it weren`t for her asking me to be a portion of that show, I would have never been thought about doing reality TV.YKIGS: Final question, how do you find the present has touched your image overall?Kandi: Overall I mean it`s been cool because I reckon I`m pretty much care a normal person. *Laughs* I suppose I`m relate able to most people because I don`t try to do too much only because, some people just do way too often and you can`t relate. I look alike the things that I go through or the things people see me doing on the point is relate able, I don`t try to do anything superfluous or anything more than what I do if you were round me on a regular day to day basis. With that in mind, I look like my figure is cool. I love about people with the Kandi Koated Nights being on the show, some people were like "Oh my gosh, I can`t believe Kandi would talk about that stuff, talk about sex like that!" But I would if you were my friend, we would talk around it! *Laughs* I think I dunno, it`s cool I guess!YKIGS: That`s all I had, thanks so often for the interview, is there anything else you`d care to add?Kandi: I only trust that everybody checks outs my album, give it a fortune even if you never thought about acquiring a Kandi album, check it out and I hope everybody enjoys it!

No comments:

Post a Comment