Monday, December 6, 2010

Blog Poetry Slam 55: Apology

It has been a long, long time sine I have posted a Blog Poetry Slam, but I was belief in a poetry form of humour and thinking it would be appropriate_ So to recap, what is the Blog Poetry Slam?:

EveryTuesdayI will put up a topic, word, or picture. Then I would wish all the poets (well everyone actually) to pen a verse or two or ten around the special issue or that fits with the picture posted.

You can go in any form of counsel from the issue you see fit. It will be a safe way to use your writing muscles and likewise to savour the act of others. Also find free to drop the links to your blogs or websites so we can all get to love each other. Also, drop me emails to suggest topics or pictures (even songs). So, I will go off with today`s topic with a piece I already have written, I will publish a new one in the comments with you guys.

sometimes the hardest row to say. or hear

I wanted to save you a poem so cliche_
So you would fall asleep in my arms
So I could stroke your face
And let my finger wipe out your anger
And admit you close enough for my apologies enter all of our cells through osmosis
For my tears to shine on your cheek
And the passion of your rage make them evaporate
Leaving just the salinity of my sorries
To temper this meal of forgiveness
So it would be palatable so you would have it
Instead of biting your tongue to withhold I know yous
But_ You are most articulate in your silence
You said more in those thoughtful gentle smiles
Than with your jubilant reports
But you wrote dissertations of despair
With your saddened, worried eyes
And your furrowed forehead and frown of disgust
that day_
sigh, that day.
Crashed on my land of shame harder than any of those words
those words_
sigh, those words.
a silent high tide I`d care to think.
That day_
sigh, that day.
I view your Medusa gaze would certainly become your thoughts to stone
Aimed at me to do me guilt`s martyr
Those silences were awkward_
but appropriate.
And I like my silence could answer with sincere apologies
If but my eyes could let you know
How often I ask you,
How often I wish to do it up to you,
How often I know you_.
But_. I am most articulate in my poetry
So this sorry is for you.
Post your poem in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment